Friday, May 1, 2009

Roadie

There was an echo of Detroit circa 2001 last night. Back then, I used to help a punk band load up and load out of shows, taking pictures for them too. Last night, it was Lee's band.



I got into Missoula after a rather annoying drive. I've been bothered by allergies since St. Louis, unusual for me, and yesterday I had to stop several times because the drainage was hurting my eyes too much. It complicated the drive a bit but I managed to make it in good time for Lee's show. I then helped his band load up the amps and drums for the show and then attended the show. There were only a few people around. The first band was really really growly metal, and then Lee's band is sleazy glam rock-ish, whatever that means. They were definitely better than the first band.

Lee's got a great collection of KISS dolls. We drove around and took pictures because I wanted to finish the roll that was in the camera before getting back to Portland. Some random results below.











Very much a college town, Missoula. I've had my fair share of those on this trip. I've decided to stick around another day. I just needed the rest really badly after two rather long drives dealing with the allergies. I think I return tomorrow to the homestead.


View Leg 22: Missoula, Montana in a larger map

1 comment: