Saturday, March 28, 2009

17 in Kentucky

In answer to Kate's question about what my exotic location was when I posted drunkenly, that would be the Bonfire on 28th and Stark, my new local. Drunken posts are hopefully not to be repeated, for reasons of cliche and uncomfortably unnecessary candour.

Today has, needless to say, been hectic and stressful. I spent my morning trying to figure out what I might need to replace the broken side mirror. I bought a piece of glass after a nervous drive out to Beaverton. It fits in my receptacle, but it is designed for the manual version of my electric mirror. As it is, I have somewhat jerry-rigged it to the mirror so I at least look normal, even if I have to bend a little bit to check for cars. The actual part that I need will be the whole wing mirror assembly, which will cost me a significant chunk of my trip budget. And naturally, there is only one of this particular part on the West Coast and it happens to be located in Los Angeles. I've decided that instead of waiting until Wednesday for the part to arrive here, I'm going to drive to Los Angeles instead and get it there. For anyone who is interested in these things, there were 19 of this wing mirror in the country, 1 in LA, 1 in Boston and of course, 17 in Kentucky. I think I've decided on this evidence to skip Kentucky on my trip.

On the plus side, the girls that Katie and I were supposed to stay with in LA are still cool with having me stay despite her not being with me any more. Rather generous of them, I must say. Courtney and Lisa will feature on this blog pretty soon. I definitely have been affected by this setback of sorts; there was some chair kicking and door slamming earlier. I feel quite stressed, and a couple of things I meant to get done today have not gotten done as I've been struggling with the door mirror. But I still am determined to leave tomorrow morning at 7, and I do believe I will in some shape or other. For now, my car stays in the driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment