Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Burning River

Finding good beer has been a challenge often on this trip, and thanks again to Victor, the biermeister that he is, I've ended up at Great Lakes Brewery in Cleveland. I just happened to be drinking his favourite beer (the very good Burning River pale ale) when I just spoke with him on the phone. And apparently when I called the first time and nobody picked up, Miro, Ted and Lena were looking at this blog on Victor's desk. Hi guys!
It's too bad a lot of the Cleveland Museum of Art is closed for renovation. It opens in June, I believe. It looked like they had a lot of great art in some of the closed galleries.

The bartender is from Newcastle. Poor man. His team, Newcastle United, are one of the basketcases of English soccer. No shortage of drama when it comes to that team, no shortage of saviours and no shortage of pipe dreams. We spoke about that for a bit. I've unfortunately parked in short-term parking or I would spend more time here. But considering the number of great beers they have on tap perhaps it's for the best if I'm ever going to make it to Detroit in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment